effective May 25, 2018
1. WG DPP
Wargaming Developers Partner Program (WG DPP) is a service for third-party developers which is aimed at providing the most efficient tool for accessing Wargaming.net content and user data.
By participating in WG DPP, all developers agree to be bound by the terms of the following documents:
- Wargaming End User License Agreement (Europe, North America, Asia)
2. KEY PRINCIPLES
Wargaming encourages development of products and services for the widest range of users, based on the following principles:
- Maximum range of operating systems, platforms and devices covered.
- Localization to the languages and regions where Wargaming operates.
- User data confidentiality.
- Fair treatment of users.
- Intuitive and clear operation of products and services.
- No user-generated spam policy.
3. OUR API AND HOW WE WORK WITH DEVELOPERS
Our application programming interface (API) can be accessed at https://developers.wargaming.net and other websites operated by Wargaming, and includes any documents (electronic or otherwise) that come with the API. Our API is intended to be used as an interface between: (a) Our website, comprising Our relevant products or services, including developer services, mobile services and any other features, content, or applications offered or operated from time to time whether accessed via the Internet, mobile device or other electronic device (Platform); and (b) the applications or services provided by You through Your website or platform (Application).
As part of use of the API, You may access or otherwise use on Our Platform certain content, software, images, photographs, illustrations, icons, texts, video, audio, written materials or other content, materials or data (API Data).
4. API RULES
The main things that We care about are that Our system is protected and so are the rights of Our end-users.
5. ACCESS TO THE API
- to access the API only using the API key (application_id) that We give You;
- to keep Your API and token key (application_id and acess_token) secure and that You are responsible for any use of the API using Your key or token;
- that end-users shall not be prompted to provide any passwords, usernames or other login details that they use to access the Platform directly to You;
- Applications must bring additional value for the end-users and must not replicate any existing functionality of Wargaming products or services.
6. HOW YOU MAY USE THE API
- obtain end-user consent to allow the Application to access the Platform through the API;
- ensure that Your use of the API complies with:
- all relevant legislation, regulations, codes of practice, guidance and other requirements of any relevant government, regulatory agency or other body.
7. WHAT THE API MUST NOT BE USED FOR
You must not use the API to send spam or to interfere with or degrade Our services in any way.
You must also not use the API for any unlawful purpose or activity whatsoever, including fraud or terrorism, or to promote any unlawful act, or in any way which:
- makes any private information on the Platform publicly available on the Application;
- causes or is intended to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- is abusive, harmful, threatening or defamatory or may otherwise cause offence (including uploading any material that contains a virus or other malicious code);
- does or could potentially breach a legal duty to anyone else (including a duty of confidentiality) or infringe a person's right to privacy;
- promotes discrimination or is likely to incite hatred;
- may infringe the intellectual property rights (e.g. copyright, trade marks, patents, database rights, know-how and design rights) of anyone else (including Ours);
You must also not:
- distribute, license, sell, rent, lease or otherwise deal in or encumber the API;
- modify, add to, or otherwise enhance the API;
- observe, study or test the functioning of the API (or any part of it) beyond the limits reasonably required to develop Your Applications and shall not copy or decompile the API; or
- infringe or copy Our code or content or the design of Our Platform;
- provide data obtained under WG DPP for any search engines and advertising networks.
8. API LICENSEE’S RIGHTS TO USE THE API
- We can grant licences to anyone else (and retain rights to do things with the API Ourselves);
- You are not permitted to transfer Your rights to anyone else or to allow anyone else to use the API, the API Data or the Platform.
Some of your obligations, such as those relating to privacy, data protection and confidentiality, will continue even after the licence has ended.
9. API LICENSEE’S RIGHTS TO USE THE API DATA AND OTHER CONTENT
You accept that the API Data may contain third party intellectual property rights and You shall ensure that Your use of such API Data does not infringe those rights. However, if this does happen, Your permission to use API Data will automatically terminate and any copies made of API Data must be immediately destroyed.
We grant You a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, and non-transferable licence to download, copy, display, view and use the API Data for developing publicly available Applications, provided that You shall not:
- create permanent copies of the API Data;
- remove, alter, or cover up any trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the API Data;
- without Our prior written consent, make derivative works of, or commercially distribute or otherwise exploit the API Data, or use the Platform or any API Data in a way that inaccurately suggests an association between You and Us or Our licensors; or
- otherwise use or exploit the API Data in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by these Terms.
Your right to use the API Data may also be governed by the terms and conditions of the relevant product or service on Our Platform.
As consideration for the Platform service, You grant Us a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, transferable licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform and display any Application and other data created using the Platform, as well as content or material that You make publicly available or provided to Us through the API (including end-user content or material and any data or analytics generated from the same), all without the obligation to reference to the developer or author.
10. DATA PROTECTION, PRIVACY AND SECURITY
You must implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the API Data against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure. These measures shall be appropriate to the harm that might result from any of these things happening to the API Data and considering the nature of the API Data that is to be protected.
In addition, You must:
- comply with all applicable data protection laws;
- use personal data only to create the Application;
- implement appropriate security measures to protect personal data; you shall be responsible for security of personal data;
- notify end users about the data You collect and how You use it;
- use personal data only as permitted in the privacy policies of the Platform and the Application;
- collect and process only the personal data that you actually need to create and operate the Application;
- use personal data obtained through API only as permitted by Wargaming. You agree that Wargaming may terminate Your use of such personal data;
- if requested by Wargaming, delete personal data obtained through API without undue delay;
- update personal data in the Application as instructed by Wargaming and delete personal data that is out of date or no longer used by the Application; you shall be responsible for keeping personal data up-to-date.
You also agree that You will lose access to Your Developer Room and all Applications if Your Wargaming Account is deleted.
11. API LICENSOR’S RIGHTS
Except for Your right to use the API, Platform and API Data as specifically granted above, all intellectual property rights in and to the API, Platform and API Data are Ours and remain Ours (or Our licensors’).
If You acquire any intellectual property rights (for example, trade marks, patents, copyright, designs, domain names and rights in software (registered or not)) in the API, Platform or any API Data, You shall transfer these rights (both existing and future) with full title guarantee to Us or anyone else We nominate (or You will make this happen). You shall sign all documentation and do such things as We think necessary to transfer those rights.
You accept and understand that the API and API Data contain confidential and proprietary information and You shall not conceal, modify, remove, destroy or alter in any way any of Our proprietary markings on or in the API, API Data or any related materials and documentation.
12. OUR TRADE MARKS AND BRANDING
All trade marks, logos and service marks (the Trade Marks) which appear on the Platform or API are Our registered and unregistered Trade Marks or are licensed for use by Us by the owners of those Trade Marks.
Other Trade Marks are proprietary marks and are registered to their respective owners.
Nothing contained on the Platform or API should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any Trade Marks displayed on the Platform or API without Our written permission or such other Trademark owner. Any such use (if agreed) must be strictly in compliance with Our instructions.
Misuse of any Trade Mark displayed on the Platform, or any other content on the Platform, except as provided herein, is strictly prohibited.
You shall keep Our confidential information confidential. This includes all information (of any kind and in any format and coming into Your knowledge, possession or control in any way) relating to Our business, finance or technology, know-how, intellectual property rights, assets, strategy, products and customers, where the information is identified as confidential at the time of disclosure or ought reasonably to be considered confidential given its nature or how it was disclosed (Confidential Information).
You shall only use Our Confidential Information to use, and undertake development work with, the API, and will give Us notice of any unauthorised misuse, disclosure, theft or loss of Our Confidential Information immediately upon becoming aware of this.
14. WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS
You promise that:
- You hold all rights and have obtained all licences required to use the API integration You develop and the API Data; and
- Your use of the API will not infringe Our rights or anyone else's, nor will it breach any applicable laws or regulations;
You accept that the API is provided on an ‘AS IS’ basis and that:
- the API may not be free of bugs or errors and that the existence of minor bugs or errors shall not constitute a breach of these API Terms or Use;
- You remain responsible for Your own hardware, content and any other data uploaded through the API;
- We accept no responsibility for any liability that arises in connection with anyone else unlawfully obtaining access to Your API account in order to abuse the nature and intent of the API; and
- We accept no responsibility for any liability that arises in connection with the theft of Your username or password by unauthorised third parties.
We do not promise that the API shall be:
- uninterrupted or error free; or
- compatible with third party software or equipment.
- any modification made to any part of the API by anyone other than Us without Our express prior written consent; or
- any defect or error wholly caused by any equipment or third party software used in connection with the API.
- make no other promises or representations and do not agree to any other terms and conditions (express, implied or statutory) in relation to the API, the API Data and the Platform or about results to be obtained from using the API; and
- shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising out of any virus or other malicious code.
We do not exclude or limit any liability to the extent the same cannot be excluded or limited by law.
You agree to indemnify Us against all losses or damage We may suffer related to:
- the Application infringing the intellectual property rights of anyone else (including Us);
- any misuse of the API or API Data, including any claim Your use of the API Data infringes the intellectual property rights or privacy rights of anyone else; and
This means that, in these particular circumstances, You will fully reimburse Us for any losses, without Us having to take steps to avoid or minimise Our loss or to prove this is direct or foreseeable.
We may make changes to the API at any time and for any reason. The updated API and any corresponding updates to related documentation can be accessed. If any change We make is not acceptable to You, stop using the API – Your continued use of the API means that You accept the change.
Export control You must comply with all export and import laws, restrictions and regulations of any European Union, United States authority or body, or authorities of a country of your nationality or residence. You represent and warrant that you and your affiliates are not subject to any sanctions lists or similar restrictions.
Governing Law and Venue These API Terms and any dispute, claim or obligation (whether contractual or non-contractual) arising out of or in connection with them or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by the laws of Cyprus. We and You submit all the aforementioned disputes to the jurisdiction of the courts of Cyprus.
Support All issues connected with the Platform can be submitted to Us at www.support.wargaming.net
WARGAMING API POLICY
1. GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- API cannot be utilized for creating any Applications or other products that in the sole opinion of Wargaming, negatively affects Us, Our games or business, or has adverse Impact on Our players.
- Any non-interactive data collection (i.e. a method without user participation) from Wargaming websites can be performed through WG Public API only. Do not use other APIs for this.
- If user authorization is required, the Application must have a “Log out/Exit” function.
- Do not make any advertising in modifications of the game client in either text, graphic or audio form, unless expressly permitted by Wargaming.
- Applications, which in the sole opinion of Wargaming are detrimental to Our reputation, are not allowed.
- Do not use icons, buttons and other items of interface, similar to interface of Wargaming products or services, misleading the end user or creating associations with Wargaming.
- Do not hide or remove the copyright notice or watermarks placed in Wargaming content or otherwise disregard Our intellectual property.
- Application must contain a developer’s copyright notice and also the following notice: “© Wargaming.net. All rights reserved”.
- Application must contain a vivid link to the official website of the respective game and also include information that clearly identifies Wargaming as the source of data. However, You must not make any reference implying Your affiliation to Wargaming or endorsement by Us of Your Application.
- Incorporate a clearly marked button with a direct link to the Customer Support Center at www.support.wargaming.net
- We can remove modifications that, in the sole opinion of Wargaming, bring undesirable changes to the gameplay of the games. The list includes, but is not limited to:
- Transparent textures on game objects penetrated by game armament.
- Replacement of game models with collision models.
- Explicit highlighting of game objects that may seem dangerous as non-hazardous (e.g., white textures on destroyed tanks).
- Any changes to auto-aim (e.g. leading targets, automatic targeting of vulnerable areas).
- Fixing for the player the position of the other players that are not visible by the rules of the game visibility (locking the position of the player that disappeared from sight on map by tracer flares, display of the name of an enemy player that inflicted a non-critical hit remaining out of sight, etc.).
- Fixing the destruction of destructible objects on the minimap.
- Camera which is not attached to the position of a player, a “free” camera, able to move in three dimensions, and the use of artillery mode for other types of vehicles.
- Using keyboard macros in game situations (e.g., automation of work of “manual fire extinguisher”, except for an automatic shot from a reloaded weapon).
- Indication of an aiming point of other players which is different from its visual representation based on the position of a standard, unmodified 3D vehicle model operated by the player.
- Full or partial automation sending a vehicle to battle, its operating and firing (use of bots).
- All content in the Application must be carefully moderated.
- Any Nazi, terrorist or other extremist content, including screensavers and textures with SS markings and insignia of SS tank divisions, is strictly prohibited.
- When posting news from the Wargaming websites, please always make a link to the original news.
- Applications must not contain any information considered by Wargaming as confidential. If confidential information is disclosed, Wargaming reserves the right to block the web resource without the possibility of recovery, claim damages and take other legal action. Confidential information includes among other things information not published as official news or press releases, as well as information distributed during alpha tests or supertests.
- The data with regard to Wargaming users cannot be used for commercial purposes or purposes other than the purposes of the Application.
- Application must not request or receive the user’s email address or password for the Wargaming account. The user must be able to log in using the Wargaming ID only.
- Collection, storage or transfer to third parties of personal data (including email address and password) of Wargaming users is prohibited.
- We prohibit any harmful or invasive programs, including bots, clickers, viruses, Trojans and phishing software, as well as their descriptions and methods of procurement.
- Links to downloadable content must be permanent and should not lead to referral web sites.
- Application cannot be a proxy server or similar tool forwarding the users to external resources.
- If Your Application allows account registration, please inform the user clearly that the username and password must be different from those used for the Wargaming account.
- Wargaming reserves the right, at its own discretion, to limit the number and/or frequency of requests from the Application to Wargaming API, if we consider that the developer attempts to surpass or evade the API rules or in other exceptional cases. We also reserve the right to temporarily or permanently block access to Wargaming API for the developer and Applications in such cases. Any liability of Wargaming, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, is herewith expressly disclaimed.
Wargaming allows developers the right to monetize their Applications subject to the following conditions: If your Application is free:
- Advertising is allowed, however advertising of goods and services not related to Wargaming.net must be agreed upon with Us.
- Donations are allowed.
If You run a paid Application or offer in-app purchases:
- Advertising is prohibited. Donations are allowed.
- The payment procedure must be accurate and clear for the end-users.